On the previous post I talked about discovering your passion. Now, what steps can you take? what are your objectives?
What ever your objectives, if you want to have success, they must be well defined. You must know exactly what you want to achieve or what to expect. These must be S M A R T E R:
- S for Specific: Ask yourself what it is you want to achieve? What is your purpose? What does it involve or maybe who does it involve? Where can they take place? What do you need, or what are the limitations?
- M for Measurable, Manageable: How much time, money will these take you? How many hours, days, months, man power are involved? How will you know when these have been achieved?
- A for Attainable: You need to set an appropriate and achievable goal, one that you can accomplish.
- R for Relevant: Your objectives must be realistic and it must be something you believe is achievable, where you can see some progress.
- T for Timed: Once you have set up your objectives you must have a completion date, a time frame to work to.
- E for Evaluate: Your objectives must be enjoyable and ethical. You must appraise the work in progress.
- R for Re-evaluate: Once you have reached your time frame you must re-evaluate your objectives. Are you happy with the results? Do these need to be revised?
So what are my own objectives to develop my own passion i.e. Dog Photography?
- Create a website to share my photographs, as pictures are worth a 1000 words.
- Register with Flickr and join the appropriate group
- Join some photographic/dog forums and develop a relationship with the main contributors
- Research for outdoor locations which could be used for the shoots
- Further develop my Photoshop skills and produce some creative photographs
- Research the local competition and learn from it
These are some of my own specific goals which, I think, are measureable, attainable, relevant to my passion. I give myself a time frame of 3 months, by which time I will be able to re-evaluate these objectives.
Good luck with your own objectives.
I am in the Masterclass Blog Carnival, click on the banner to see the other entries